|— Commune —|
|- Mayor||Mihály Sándor (Independent)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|- Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
The Hungarian name "Küküllőszéplak" means "nice place on the river Küküllő".
It formed part of the Székely Land region of the historical Transylvania province. Until 1918, the village belonged to the Maros-Torda County of the Kingdom of Hungary. After the Treaty of Trianon of 1920, it became part of Romania.
The Laslău Mare gas field is located in the village of Laslău Mare. It was established in 1925 and is still operational as of 2010. The estimated reserves have been quantified as 5×109m (176 billion cubic feet).
The commune has an ethnically mixed population with a relative Székely Hungarian majority. According to the 2002 Census it has a population of 2,369 of which 46.1% or 1,092 are Hungarian and 38.16% or 904 Romanians.
Retrieved from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suplac