Keon Park railway station
|Distance from |
|Operator||Metro Trains Melbourne|
|Metcard / Myki Zone||Zone 2|
The station is unmanned with limited facilities approximately 40 minutes north of Melbourne by train. This station is the end of the continuous, double track that runs from the city as only a single track leads north towards Thomastown. The island platform runs approximately north/south parallel to High Street with a single entrance at the south end on Keon Parade. A large Metcard ticket vending machine is located near the entrance, which is able to dispense most ticketing options available and also accept notes and coins, as well as a Telstra payphone.
Platforms, services and connecting bus services
Keon Park station opened in 1929 as Keonpark, and was renamed Keon Park in 1972. The station opened at the same time as the extension of suburban services and electrification from Reservoir to Thomastown. Duplication was extended to the station in 1959, in conjunction with the extension of suburban services to Lalor. The part of Reservoir east of the railway line and south of Keon Parade is sometimes known as Keon Park, and many of the shops in Johnston Street (which runs parallel to the railway line) include Keon Park in their names.
Retrieved from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keon_Park_railway_station