Bernardino de Rossi
Bernardino de Rossi, who worked at Pavia, was one of the artists called to Milan in 1490 to decorate the Porta Giovia Palace of Lodovico Sforza. In the church of Santa Maria della Pusterla, Pavia, is a picture of the 'Virgin, with Saints and Donors,' signed and dated by him in 1491. Between the years 1498 and 1508 he decorated the Certosa of Pavia with wall paintings, of which the frescoes of the 'Eternal,' the 'Prophets,' and the 'Virgin Annunciate' still remain. In 1511 he executed some frescoes for the church at Vigano, belonging to the Carthusians of Pavia, which have now disappeared. No certain dates can be given of his birth or death.
This article incorporates text from the article "DEI ROSSI, Bernardino" in Bryan's Dictionary of Painters and Engravers by Michael Bryan, edited by Robert Edmund Graves and Sir Walter Armstrong, an 1889 publication now in the public domain.
Retrieved from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardino_de_Rossi