Ion Horaţiu Crişan
|Ion Horaţiu Crişan|
|Died||1 January 1994 aoremovetag(aged 66) |
He has been was very involved with the research at the archaeological site called Şanţul Mare (The Big Ditch), 7 km from Pecica, Arad County, Romania. He placed the Dacian settlement Ziridava, mentioned by Ptolemy in his Geographia, at this location with a high degree of certainty. He wrote a book named Ziridava - The digs from "Șanțul Mare" from 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964, focused on the archaeological digs performed in 1960s at this ancient city.
- Crișan, Ion Horațiu (1978a). Burebista and His Time. Volume 20 of Bibliotheca historica Romaniae: Monographies. Bucharest: Editura Academiei Republicii Socialiste România. http://books.google.com/books?id=jrFBAAAAYAAJ.
- Crișan, Ion Horațiu (1978b). Ziridava - Săpăturile de la "Șanțul Mare" din anii 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964 [Ziridava - The digs from "Șanțul Mare" from 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964]. Arad: Comitetul de Cultură și Educație Socialistă al Județului Arad. http://books.google.com/books?id=EBruSgAACAAJ.
- Olteanu, Sorin. "Linguae Thraco-Daco-Moesorum - Ptolemy's Dacia" (in Romanian, partially in English). Linguae Thraco-Daco-Moesorum. Archived from the original on 3 March 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/5wusRLK6R. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- Some of Ion Horaţiu Crişan's books on Amazon UK
- Some of Ion Horaţiu Crişan's books on Google Books
- Crişan's Bibliography at History Institute Cluj-Napoca (Romanian)
Retrieved from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Hora%C5%A3iu_Cri%C5%9Fan